Friday, January 1, 2010

2010



Welcome to 2010!  I hope the new year found you happy and healthy.

Looking over the past month or so of blogs...Jeez O'Pete, there were a lot of photos!  I don't know what got in to me.

I still have a few more from the bumper sticker collection to show you.  That epic will draw to a close in April.  I didn't realize I had that many, and a few go back more than thirty years.

Looking ahead, it should be another interesting year.  Shenandoah is back in the news.  We haven't seen the last of the corruption investigations.  Our 10 PM news is coming home to WNEP2.  Arlen Specter is looking to keep his senate seat.  There are hot congressional races.  Politics will be big this year.  The Yankees.  The Penguins.  The Crosscutters.  Penn State.  High school sports.  Snow storms.  Summer construction on the interstates.   Graphics with the anklepants font.  Bad photography on the blog.  We'll be busy.  In the news business, busy is good.

I'll save the "welcome to the new decade" speech for next year, when the new decade actually starts.  Remember, time started on year 1.  There was no year zero.  Therefore, new decades begin on years ending in 1.  I know it's easy and clean to say the decade begins with a year ending in zero, but you know me.  I'm stickler for some unusual things.