Thursday, April 1, 2010

Time Passages

There have been a few changes regarding local media, and it's nice, for a change, to be able to watch from a distance.

WILK and morning show co-host Kevin Lynn have gone their separate ways.  I've known Kevin for a long time.  I wouldn't say he's a friend, but we always got along.  That includes a night of laughs at the Scoreboard Lounge in Erie, the night Tom Ridge was elected governor in 1994.  That's another story for another time.  I have to level with you.  The Kevin & Nancy morning show wasn't my thing.   It was a little too loud, a little too shrill, a little too caustic for my tastes.  Kevin is a smart guy with a lot of talent.  It will be interesting to see where he turns up next.

John Webster has left WEZX in Scranton.   Again, I've known John a long time.  Nice guy.  He'd been co-hosting the morning show for about 25 years, and after a quarter century, that horse had traveled as far as it's going to go.  I'm betting a change will be good for John and good for the station.

Mr. Webster says he's headed to WILK to replace Kevin Lynn.

Retired Scranton Times columnist Joe Flannery died the other day.  Our paths crossed a few times over the years.  I don't think Joe ever said or wrote anything bad about anybody.  My sympathy to his family and friends. Joe Flannery was 82.

A new month brings a new picture at the top of the blog.  While it may look like the Tunkhannock Viaduct in Nicholson, it's actually a smaller bridge-- the Martin's Creek Viaduct near Kingsley in Susquehanna County.