Thursday, June 17, 2010

12

It's now an even dozen.  Today is my 12th anniversary at WNEP

It's the most time I've ever spent in one place.  The WNEP era eclipsed my WARM radio service a while back.  Full and part time, I was on the radio for 10 and a half years.  There were a couple shorter stops along the way.

Looking back on the past decade plus two, there have been good days and bad days.  Mostly good.  I've learned things, and I still continue to learn.  I've always felt that the day you stop learning is the day you walk out the door.

Technology continues to present a challenge.  WNEP was fairly advanced when I arrived, but looking back now, it all seems so primitive.  As Bachman Turner Overdrive says, "you ain't seen nothin' yet."  Yes, it's frightening, even for someone who's been around the block a few times.  Luckily, there's a support staff in place to help guide me through the changes.

I was going to do the "memorable stories" thing here.  Unfortunately, many of them involve tragedies, so there's no need to bring them up again.  In happy times and sad, people are always willing to share their stories.  We appreciate that more than you'll ever know.

Of course, nothing is possible without the viewers.  Thanks for being there, and I hope you'll be around tomorrow.