Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Tree Grows in Olyphant

I slammed Olyphant pretty good on Monday, and I'm not going to lie to you.  It felt good.  I have nothing but bad memories of my time in school there.

However, I'm a fair man.  I think Olyphant has one of the nicer borough halls around.  I was playing with my camera at the borough hall Monday afternoon, when I decided to take a walk over to the place where my old, and hated school used to be.

Above is what I found.  Members of the Valley Covenant Community Church are building a prayer garden there, complete with a rather large fountain in the center and walking paths.

Let me orient you for a second.  The brick building at the upper left is my old high school, now apartments for the elderly.  What you see above is the site of the cursed old school.  I was facing west as I took the photo.  Downtown Olyphant is a few blocks to the left, while the Lackawanna River is a few blocks straight ahead.  You can't see the church in this photo, but it's off to my right.

The photo doesn't do justice to the size of the prayer garden, and I'm sure it will be an asset to the people of Olyphant.