Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bad Photography Saturday

I wish I could tell you more about this, but right now, I really can't.

Let's go to the beginning.  This is a collection of objects, at campus circle, at East Stroudsburg University.

A Google search reveals very little information.  A Wikipedia entry says this Stonehenge type collection has the name of Stroudhenge.

One of my happier blog moments took place at ESU a couple years ago.  I was on campus doing a story on labor problems between the faculty union and the state.  It was the middle of summer, but we managed to find a class in session.  The professor teaching a math course looked rather stern.  I thought for sure the answer would be "no" when I asked for permission to shoot some video of the class for my story.  Hey, you miss 100 per cent of the shots you never take.  I asked.  The professor granted permission.  She added that she's a blog reader, especially for the Bad Photography posts.  The statement left me flattered and surprised at the same time.  I was invited back in the fall, when a nice campus looks even nicer after the trees pick up some color.  I never did make it back for that fall visit.  Maybe this will be the year.

A check of the ESU web site, shows that professor, Mary Ann Matras, is still on board.  I hope she continues to be a blog reader.