Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Going Around

It seems everyone has been sick, is sick, or is getting sick.  It's nothing major-- just the common cold.

I knew the outbreak was bad when I visited the "cough and cold" aisle at a local WalMart Friday morning.  It looked like a bomb had gone off.  Items were all over the place, and the popular over the counter remedies were gone.  I had to settle for the cherry NyQuil rather than the regular green kind  that I love so much.

It really was a waste of money.  Nothing works when I have a cold, even when I take a little more than the label recommends.

The only things that help me feel better when I have a cold are sleep and hot showers.  The reason for the sleep is obvious.  Hot, steamy showers loosen up the sinuses, and I'll stop there.  There's no reason to go in to the gory details.

If I could learn to sleep in a hot shower, the common cold wouldn't be a problem.

My cold has subsided.  I'm feeling much better now.