Friday, October 22, 2010

Flu Shot

I don't like crowds, high places, and snakes.

Luckily, needles don't bother me, and I received my favorite shot of the year last week-- my annual flu shot.

I called my doctor about a month ago, inquiring about this year's shot.  They took my number, and said they'd call when the shots would be given out.  I thought they'd forgotten about me, and I was ready to go to one of the drug store chains for the shot.  Last Wednesday afternoon, my call came, and I was in the doctor's office less than an hour later.  Boom! Done!  I was out in less than five minutes.

It doesn't hurt, and even if the shot was painful, it's still better than the flu.

For the life of me, I can't understand why some people are anti-flu shot.  They're easily available and inexpensive.  Insurance usually picks up the tab.  Even if it didn't, shelling out $20 or $30 is preferable to spending three days in the bathroom.

Do yourself a favor, and do your family a favor.  Get the shot.