Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Scrapple

Fatigue got the better of me, and I slept through Roy Halladay's NLDS no hitter.  I can't say I'm a Phillies fan, but it was nice to see nonetheless.

I was listening to a radio DJ the other day, soliciting phone calls on phobias.  Translation:  he had nothing to say.  Solution:  play a song and stop wasting my time with needless chatter.  It was a moot point.  My finger hit the "scan" button anyway.

There's a radio talk show host who turns up from time to time who always asks for calls on pet peeves.  Once again, the red flag goes up that this person has nothing to talk about.  There was another radio talk show host, several years ago, who started picking on teachers any time he had problems generating phone calls.

I'm really enjoying my new old cell phone.

Vice President Joe Biden is coming to town Monday.  I'd like to ask him about those reports that he and Hillary Clinton will switch jobs in 2012.

The Steelers have the weekend off.  I'm pleasantly surprised to see the Roethlisberger suspension end with the Steelers having a 3-1 record.  I would have bet 0-4 or 1-3.

I love to sleep, so I enjoy rainy days more than anyone I know.  Still, all the rain the last two weeks was too much for even me to take.

Former CNN anchor Rick Sanchez has apologized for his "inartful" comments last week.  Inartful?  What the heck is that?  How is that taking responsibility?  The apology is almost as bad as the original utterance.

What is it with the retail industry?  They all have opening and closing times listed on the door.  I've found the opening time is only a rough guide in most places.  There are a couple drug stores in the Scranton area where opening on time is a severe challenge.  How hard is it to tell your employees to show up on time?

It's Columbus Day weekend-- a three day weekend for a lot of people.  The leaves are at or near their peak.  Enjoy!