Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

I have many things for which to be thankful.  Let's bring a couple front and center.

I'm thankful that on this holiday weekend and on Christmas, I don't have to travel farther than the office.  I don't think I could handle that airport madness, as well as all the traffic on the highways.

I'm also thankful that I will not play a role in the lunacy known as Black Friday.  My family is small.  My friends are few.  Christmas shopping isn't much of a challenge, and I've been nibbling away at it, via internet, the past couple weeks.

Yes, some people find Black Friday enjoyable  Others have to shop on Black Friday to save some money and stretch their budgets.  I respect that.  Getting up super early and fighting crowds just isn't my idea of fun.

If you're going to be out today, and this weekend, please be careful.

I did find a moment this morning to engage in one of my favorite post-Thanksgiving activities:  a trip to the supermarket.  I didn't need much, just a few items, including some soda for the overnight hours at work.  The supermarket was empty, and I blew in and out at around 7 AM.