Thursday, November 18, 2010

Holiday Cheer

It is one of our area's holiday gems-- the annual Christmas light show at Nay Aug Park.  I bombarded you with photos last year.  I'll try not to do that again in 2010.  I just got caught up in the moment.  Last year was the first I managed to stay up past sunset to walk through the park and take a good look.

I needed some tree shots one week ago, when I stumbled across some city workers getting the park ready for this year's show.  It's an extensive operation.

The workers/decorators had already completed the office and storage building when I arrived.  If you take in the show, and if it's the same as last year, don't miss this building.  It's set up so the lights flash in time with holiday music.  Spectacular, especially when they play the music from "A Charlie Brown Christmas."

The Nay Aug park show starts soon.  It's free to drive and walk through.  They'll take donations to cover expenses.