Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In Defense of... November

I hate to say it, but I've really been enjoying November.

If I remember a high school class science class correctly, when you factor in early sunsets and the average number of cloudy days, November is the month with the least amount of sunshine.

We hit the jackpot last week with a few extremely sunny and warmer than average days.  I took this picture Thursday morning at Nay Aug Park in Scranton.  That's the pavilion surrounded by trees that still have some colorful leaves.

Even if you exclude last week's exceptional weather, November's can be a nice month.  There's a nice bite in the air.  No snow.  I had some great times just going for a walk amidst the blowing leaves.

November isn't perfect.  Thanksgiving is book-ended by two potentially miserable days.  The day before is the biggest travel day of the year.  Highways are a nightmare.  I'll save my anti Black Friday rant for another time.

Holiday related stress and or depression is still a few weeks away from kicking in.

Get out and enjoy November.