Friday, November 5, 2010

Standard Time

Standard time returns at 2 AM Sunday, and it's an event I look forward to more every year.  It's simple.  I go to sleep early, and get up even earlier.  In my warped life, having the sun around in the morning is better than having it shine in the evening.

I know I'm in the minority, and I respect the views of all those who love late sunsets.

There are people who argue the switches between Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time are archaic, and I agree with that.  Big parts of the planet function on one clock, and we should be no different.

There is one drawback, albeit slight.  While you get an extra hour of sleep Sunday morning, I have the pleasure of working an extra hour.  Things will even out in the spring, and that will be here soon enough.

I will say that working the overnight shift speeds my adjustment to Standard Time, and then back to Daylight Saving Time.

No matter how you feel, please remember to set your clocks back one hour Saturday night or Sunday morning.