Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Confession



I've told a few co-workers about this, and it's time I come clean with the rest of you.

I like some disco.

Try to catch your breath, and I'll explain.

I graduated from high school in 1979, just about at the peak of disco popularity.  No, I didn't go to discos, and I don't dance, but I have to admit that some of the music of the era really wasn't bad.  In fact, it was very good.

Donna Summer was the queen of disco, and some of her songs are on my "all time favorites" list.

Yvonne Elliman's "If I Can't Have You" seems to pop up on the XM 70's channel a couple times a week.  It's on my i-Pod, and the volume always gets cranked when it appears.

It was fashionable to hate disco, and my enjoyment of it has been in the closet for far too long.

I like SOME disco, and I admit that freely.

Whew!  I'm glad I have that off my chest.