Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Road Trip

I spent four hours behind the wheel Thursday-- Scranton to Pennsdale, Lycoming County and back again. 

It was my longest stretch behind the wheel in quite a while, and here's what I learned.

Pennsylvania roads are filled with lazy drivers who refuse to clear snow and ice from their vehicle roofs.   That's dangerous and inconsiderate.  It's also against the law.

Pennsylvania roads are filled with lazy drivers who refuse to turn on their headlights when their windshield wipers are on.  That's dangerous and inconsiderate.  It's also against the law.

I noticed an alarming number of trucks that can't pull even modest hills.   To me, that puts out the red flag-- these trucks have mechanical issues, are overweight, or both. 

And, above all, Pennsylvania roads are a mess-- even if you allow for post-winter wear and tear.

It's enough to make you want to stay home.