Thursday, April 14, 2011

Losing Sleep

I'm losing sleep over "Entourage."  Let me explain.

I have an odd work schedule, and I'm usually up all night, even on my days off.

The HBO series "Entourage" has been in syndication since the fall.  It's on three different channels on my cable system.  Even though I saw them the first time on HBO, I'm hooked on the reruns.  If I'm up, I'm watching it instead of rolling over and getting a few more winks.  It doesn't make a difference what time it airs-- 10 PM, 1 AM, 2 AM, or 3 AM.  You see, I even know all the air times, and it frightens me.  Fear not.  I don't watch them all, but I'm usually awake for at least one.

I can't figure out my fascination.  Most of the characters are unlikeable.  When the history of TV is written, "Entourage" will not go down as one of the great series.  The acting, except for Jeremy Piven as Ari Gold, is average.  The syndicated version is cut to shreds to edit out the naughty material, and much of that stuff is essential to the story.  Yet, I watch-- again and again and again.

I have to get over this.  I need the sleep.