Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Saga Continues

For some reason that cannot be explained, I've become fascinated by a small chain of gas station/mini marts in the Scranton area.  To bring you up to speed, they were Shell stations that closed for a while.  They were re-born under the name "VaVa."  In past blogs, I wondered how the Wawa people felt about someone giving their business, in the same industry, a name close to yours.  I don't know if Wawa actually did get involved in the process, but the VaVa name disappeared from some of the gas stations recently.  After flying nameless for a few weeks, I noticed the new name and signs the other day.


Yep!  That's it.  Vamco.The new name opens up a whole new can of worms, or possibly two.  I wonder what happens when the Aamco Transmission people get wind of this, and the Amoco oil people.  I have a feeling it will be more business for the lawyers and the sign companies.  Vamco.  Don't get used to it.

So, if Vamco goes the way of VaVa, what happens next?  I was unable to locate the home office.  I'll sumbit my suggestions here:  CP, Funoco, Theetz, Balero (my personal favorite), and Pexxon.

The possibilities are endless.