Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bad Photography Saturday

The week of April 17th was National Park Week, and there was no admission fee for national parks.  That included the Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton.  Camera in hand, I set off on an expedition a couple weeks ago.

Below is one of the scenes inside the roundhouse area.



My visit was just after opening time on a Monday morning, and I was pleased to see a lof of people coming through the gates.

Here's another roundhouse view-- two cabooses (or is that a pair of caboose?) and a box car.
Blog readers know I make several Steamtown trips a year.  I usually wander the outskirts.  Last month was the first time I explored the inner workings in quite a while.  Steamtown hasn't changed much, but it's still an entertaining way to spend a few hours.