Wednesday, November 16, 2011

7

Time flies.  The blog is seven years old today, and you know what that means:  the annual and tedious story of how the blog came to be.

Dennis Fisher was our news director at the time.  he solicited ideas for getting new and original content on to WNEP.com.  I saw anchor and reporter authored columns on other TV station web sites, and I made the suggestion.  Dennis asked for some samples.

Before I could provide them, the blog thing started to take off, and then-webmaster Mark Sowers cornered me one morning to ask if I would be interested.  I started blogging that afternoon.

I don't have an accurate number of posts and photos because our platform has changed a few times over the years.  I suspect it's more than 2,000.  That's a lot of banality!

We had a few other blogs over the years, but the authors thought FaceBook would be a better fit.  I'm not a FaceBook guy, but I can't argue with their reasoning.

I did register a Google+ account, just to keep someone from snatching my name.  I've yet to do anything with it.  I also had to re-activate my LinkedIn account to retrieve some e-mail addresses that were lost in a server crash.  I still Tweet on occasion.

Thanks for being here for the ride.