Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Long Overdue II

I was asleep at the switch on this one, and I'm kicking myself for it.

My old junior high school was recently torn down, and I missed getting a look at the demolition.  I really wanted to see this place reduced to rubble.
When I heard about plans to tear it down a couple years ago, I did a little thinking.  I spent three years roaming these halls, and I could think of all of two good things that happened to me here.

I'll share one with you.  This is where I met a really good English teacher, one who could make diagramming a sentence and constructing them properly understandable.  He passed away several years ago, and I'm sure he'd cringe at some of what appears here.  We later worked together at a radio station, and it was a kick.  He was taken from us far too soon.

As you can see from the first picture here, taken late last week, the site is now a pit-- which is what it was when I went to school here.