Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Money Laundering

It happened just before Christmas.  I had to do some extreme early morning "stocking stuffing."  My task was completed, and I was on the way home.

Suddenly, I became very hungry, so I drive through McDonald's at 2 AM.  By the way, those 24 hour McDonald's are the best inventions-- ever.  Plus, they don't switch to breakfast until 4 AM.  Yes, burgers and fries all night!  How I wish Burger King would do the same.

Anyway, I paid for my food with a $10 bill.  I received some coins and three singles as change.  The money was stuffed into my shirt pocket.  I inhaled the Big Mac and fries in McDonald's parking lot.  As I drove home, something didn't smell right.  I did more sniffing around when I got in the house  It was the three singles I received as change at McDonald's.  I had never encountered such horrible smelling money in my life.  It reeked of cigarette smoke.

There was one quick and easy solution.  I threw the three dollars in the sink, squirted the bills with soap, and washed them.  Problem solved.

Now, I've been accused of being Felix Unger.  I'm fussy.  I'm tidy.  I'm a neat freak.  There are some things I can let slide, but I draw the line at malodorous money!

I hope the person who gave the singles to McDonald's had a good time smoking and presumably drinking.  The money had that "bar" aroma.  I also hope the person who received the singles after me appreciates the springtime freshness.