Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bad Photography Sunday: The Square

I've ranted about Lackawanna County Courthouse Square in Scranton in the past.  It's a soul-less sea of concrete and granite, with a wall that's the wrong color, the wrong size, and inappropriate for the site.

I had a chance to look at it more closely on Monday, while I was waiting for Bob Cordaro and AJ Munchak to be sentenced.  I tried to like the square.  I really did.  I tried hard.

After a couple hours of severe contemplation, I've decided that Courthouse Square is a soul-less sea of concrete and granite, with a wall that's the wrong color, the wrong size, and inappropriate for the site.

The building in and of itself is lovely from the outside.  Demolishing the hideous annex was a good thing.  Inside, it has all the charm of a state prison.

You know how I feel about the environs.