Monday, April 2, 2012

About the Cover

I love the Susquehanna County Courthouse in Montrose.  It always reminded me of a place where you'd see Ben Matlock hanging out.

The book "County Courthouses of Pennsylvania" says it was built in 1854, and the tower is a replica of the original, that was destroyed by fire.

I've photographed the courthouse before.  This is the first time it's been a header.

One of my strangest moments as a broadcaster occurred here.  I don't even remember what I was covering, but at the close of the hearing, a judge's secretary approached me and said "The judge would like to see you."  I was thinking "Mother of the Church, I wonder what I did wrong."  I tried to mentally prepare a list of people who would bail me out, an extremely short list.  I respectfully walked up to the bench after the courtroom cleared.  All the judge wanted to say was he enjoyed our weekend morning broadcasts.

Whew!