Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jeopardy!


It's easy to see why Jeopardy has been on television so long, 1964-1975, 1978-79, and 1984-present.  While the questions are tough, it's possible to play along, and it's easy to second guess the wagering of the contestants.  Answers and questions.  It's all so simple.

The weekday version is on after my bed time, but I do catch weekend reruns on GSN.

Something that always amazes me is how people can whiz through difficult categories, but botch the easy questions.  For example, on recent shows, two out of the three contestants didn't know Abraham Lincoln was the inspiration for Uncle Sam's whiskers, and New York was the most populated state in the country, for at least 100 years, beginning in 1776.

Someone asked me, if I'm so smart, why don't I give it a shot?  I can handle history, politics, government, the United States, business and some sports.  If the categories include religion, philosophy, literature, and art, I might as well go home.

By the way, the question to today's answer is "What do the neighbors hear when Andy is watching Jeopardy?"