Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Scrapple Wednesday

A co-worker recently asked if I was afraid of getting drafted when I was younger.  I replied "How old do you think I am?"  The draft ended in 1973.  Luckily, the army didn't need any 12 year olds back then.

Why do local malls allow the people who try to sell you lotion to be so annoyingly persistent?

I recently unfollowed a bunch of people on Twitter.  Please, don't take it personally.  It seemed like you really weren't using your accounts.

My love/hate relationship with LinkedIn is swinging back to hate.  Some contacts have called, trying to sell me things.  I appreciate the interest, but I am currently very happy with my broker and my insurance agent.

I was listening to Supertramp's 1979 album "Breakfast in America" the other day.  What a fine piece of work!

Awkward moment:  I was in a Subway recently, and ran in to someone I've known since kindergarten.  It's been a few years since I last saw him.  He was wearing a baseball cap, and I didn't recognize him.  Oops.  Sorry.  He was a good chap, and he let me off the hook.  Thanks, Dr. Kenny.

Klondike bars are one of the best inventions-- ever.

Will they ever be finished fixing Interstate 81?

Standing in a cold rain all day makes you appreciate a warm bed even more.

"Goober" was one of the great characters in TV history.  The man who brought him to life, George Lindsey, passed away the other day.  Goober, thanks for the laughs.