Monday, August 27, 2012

Conventional Thinking

The Republican National Convention begins today in Tampa, but not much will happen, thanks to Isaac.

I always wanted to attend a major political party's convention.  Walter Cronkite and his team of floor reporters made it look so interesting-- and fun.

Then, things changed.  Security got tight.  The conventions became scripted television shows.  Journalists had little or no access to what was really going on.

It's not what it used to be.  There isn't a lot of news at the conventions these days.

Still, there are questions that need to be asked and answered.

I'd love to know how the Republicans will entice all factions of the party to come together for a win in November.

I really want to ask the Democrats how they can spin a horrible economy into enough November votes to keep the White House and the Senate.

While the conventions have changed since Cronkite's time, there's still enough here to keep my attention.  I'm looking forward to a very newsy week as I'm parked in front of the TV and computer.