Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hanging Up

Have you shopped for a telephone lately?  95 per cent of what's available in stores is of the cordless variety.  After much trial and error, I found a model I can live with, but that's really not the topic of today's blog.


I needed a curly cord for another project-- you know the ones-- the cord that goes from the hand set to the main body of the appliance.

Now, because there are so few corded phones out there, there are few replacement cords available in stores.

My criteria for purchase:  cheap.  I checked a dollar store.  Nothing.  Big Lots!  Nothing.  Walmart had a few, but they were too long, and too expensive.  Home Depot?  Ditto.

I finally found one in the graveyard of old phones I keep in a closet at home.

I did keep looking.  Family Dollar had one under the RCA (remember them?) brand for $4.  I grabbed it.  You never know when you'll need one.

Stock up on curly cords while you can.  They're on their way to becoming extinct.