Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's Not Just Me

I've always believed McDonald's Egg McMuffin is one of America's great sandwiches.

The muffin, egg, cheese and Canadian bacon provide the perfect balance.  An Egg McMuffin is light, yet filling at the same time.

Local McDonald's held a recent promotion-- two for $3, and I indulged during my recent vacation.

As I chowed down in my car, something didn't seem right.  I closely examined my sandwich, and it appears the slice of Canadian bacon is a lot thinner than it used to be.

I did a Google search when I got home.  A couple other mentions of the phenomenon popped up, but nothing official from McDonald's corporate HQ.

An Egg McMuffin, especially at two for $3 is a great value, but not if you're going to skimp on the ingredients that made you so popular in the first place.