Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Self Sufficient

I'll preface this blog by saying this is not a slam at my radio friends.  I've always loved good radio, and always will.

There have been several hot button topics in the news lately-- Penn State, the economy, the presidential election, gun control in the wake of the Colorado theater shootings, etc...

Back in the day, we'd send a camera and microphone into a local talk radio station to listen to see what people are saying.  I can't remember the last time we did that.

The reason?  Social media.  Talkback 16, both via telephone and on line was the first.  Facebook and Twitter followed.  All we need to do is punch a few keys on a computer, and we know what you're thinking.

While I do Tweet, and the blog is approaching its 8th birthday, I've so far avoided the social media revolution.  People put way too much information on the internet.  I still don't have a Facebook site, but I do have Google+ and I'll do something with it, as soon as I figure out how it works.