Friday, September 28, 2012

BlogCon 2012

NEPA BlogCon is tomorrow at Luzerne County Community College in Nanticoke.  You can read all about it here.  Simply put, it's a day all about bloggers and blogging.  It sounds like an interesting day.

I was asked to participate on a panel.  After all, I've been at this almost eight years.  Even though I was exceptionally flattered, I can't fit it into my schedule. The organizers tried to accommodate me, but the logistics don't work.  I work overnights, and LCCC is too far from home.

It is tradition to bore you with the story behind this blog every November 16th, on my blog's anniversary, so I'll save that discussion for a while.

Here is all you need to know about blogging:  have fun.  That's it.

Write about subjects that interest you, and hopefully, your readers.  Throw in a photo or graphic to spice it up.  Boom! Done!

One of the joys of blogging is also one of its drawbacks.  Anyone can write about anything.  Some writers can pull it off.  Others, who profess to be experts in a field, who really aren't, come off as silly.  You might get away with it once in a while.  Eventually, readers will realize you're a phony.  Advice:  stay in your comfort and knowledge zone.

There are some really good blogs out there, based in our area.  The list is at.www.nepablogs.org.

More advice, more of a plea actually, and it goes to my friends Kevin Jordan and Vince Sweeney:  please write more.

To BlogCon's organizers:  thank you for the invite, and I hope the day is a huge success.