Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ryan's Recovery II

I remember being blown away when I visited my first Home & Backyard Expo as a WNEP employee.  WNEP has quite the ability to draw a crowd.

You also always answer the call.  In a time when we're all suffering from "charity fatigue" because so many deserving organizations are asking for help, you still manage to come through big on donations.  The economy is weak.  Unemployment is high.  It doesn't make a difference.  You give.

It takes a lot to get me out of the house on a Sunday afternoon.  I work all night and I'm usually exhausted.  Ryan's Recovery intrigued me, so I dragged my tired butt over to Allied Services to watch the donations to Hurricane Sandy victims come in.

As I said yesterday, I didn't expect much.  Ryan's Recovery was slammed together at the last minute, when the New York City Marathon was canceled.  Car after car showed up to unload stuff, and it was amazing.  The time between cancellation late Friday afternoon and the beginning of the drive, Sunday at noon,  was barely over forty hours.

I like to think our weekend morning broadcasts, with its loyal viewers, are partially responsible.  We gave the drive a lot of publicity, and those who tune in weekend mornings are fine individuals, who respond when asked.

Above is just a small portion of your donations.

Thanks!