Thursday, April 11, 2013

Health & Beauty

I've shed a few pounds in recent months, and some people noticed that at last week's WNEP "Pennsylvania Outdoor Life" Expo at the Lycoming Mall.  A few people asked if I was sick.  No, I'm fine.  Just a little tired.  Thanks for asking.

I dropped the weight by becoming a little more active and cutting down on the junk food a bit.  There is an occasional slip.

On the way back from the Expo, I was a little hungry, and stopped by a fast food restaurant near my home.  It's the place with the little red haired girl.  The restaurant is undergoing a remodeling.  It's now hip and trendy.  They chopped off a sun room that I liked a lot.  The place now has the warmth and charm of a mausoleum.  However, the spicy chicken sandwich and fries were as good as always.  There is a new drink dispenser, with several interesting options.  I chose Orange Diet Coke.  What was I thinking?  It was awful.

I'm usually at the gym early in the morning, when the cable and broadcast tv stations are showing infomercials.  Joan Rivers is hawking some sort of beauty product.  I can't tell you what it is because the sound is down.  Joan Rivers has made a career out of saying horrible things about people.  She needs to learn beauty is on the inside.  It's a concept that obviously escapes her.