Thursday, May 16, 2013

Unfinished Thursday

We're learning more about Sunday night's fire in Pottsville that killed six.  The family was living in substandard conditions.  There were no smoke alarms.  A city officials says the family was warned months ago.  They never had a chance.  A tragic story has become even more sad.

She wasn't the first to do it, and she will not be the last, but I could not imagine what it would be like to be confronted with an Angelina Jolie type decision.

The networks are putting together their fall schedules.  No new show has jumped out as "must see."  The only cancellation that made me sit up and take notice was NBC canning its Brian Williams anchored news magazine "Rock Center."  In spite of Williams' wordiness, I was pleased with the few editions I saw.  Plus, two of my favorites, Kate Snow and Harry Smith, were contributors.  The programming geniuses bounced "Rock Center" all over the schedule.  It was never able to find an audience.

My cell phone company offered me $ 100 off a smart phone yesterday, and I have a month to decide.  The company will not waive the $ 30 upgrade fee.  I politely told them they can keep their smart phone.