Tuesday, July 9, 2013

More Medical Adventures

To get you up to speed, quickly, I'm in search of a new doctor because my current one is affiliating with a medical group that will force me to pay "out of network" insurance rates.

I picked a name off my insurance company's web site-- close to home, ample parking, etc., and I had my first visit one week ago.

Sin number one:  I was kept on ice for nearly a half hour in an empty waiting room.  There was no explanation or apology.  The office looked shoddy and sloppy.  The nurse/receptionist seemed uninspired and didn't bother to check to see if records from my previous doctor had been delivered.

Here's what really irked me.  There is no privacy!  I heard every word of every conversation the nurse/receptionist had, via telephone, with other doctors, patients, insurance companies, hospitals and pharmacies.  It was inexcusable.  Patients would be appalled if they knew their confidential information was being broadcast to the waiting room, and I won't stand for it.

I got the going over from the doctor.  Again, an uninspired performance.

I won't be going back, and the doctor will receive a letter from me, stating that her services are substandard and I will be going elsewhere.

The problem is, I still need an "elsewhere."