Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Scrapple

It's not even the end of September and I'm already tired of pumpkin flavored everything.  The truth be known:  I'm not a pumpkin fan.

And, while we're at it, enough with the zombies.

I enjoy "The Newsroom" and "The Big Bang Theory," so it was nice to learn Jeff Daniels and Jim parsons were awarded Emmys Sunday night.

Burger King has developed a reduced calorie french fry.  Really?  I read the numbers.  You're really not saving that much.  If you want to save calories, just cut back on the intake.  I wish BK spent all that research and development money on upgrading its stores and opening earlier in the morning.

I've been shopping for smartphones again, and I still haven't pulled the trigger.  Everyone recommends something different, and I have a hard time spending a lot of money on something I'll use only to make calls.

Saying the Steelers are in a "rebuilding year" sounds a lot better than the truth: it's not a good football team.

It's good to see the Pirates in the playoffs.

The NCAA seems to have fallen victim to Penn State's "football first" culture.

Miley, keep your tongue in your mouth.  Please.