Thursday, October 3, 2013

Follow Up Thursday

Several days ago, I commented on how Food Network "chefs" are the biggest hucksters in American marketing.  The have restaurants, tv shows, supermarket products, cookware...  The list goes on and on.  Now, I've noticed Bobby Flay is pushing yogurt.  I like Flay.  I like yogurt.  I like capitalism, and it must be great to be in demand.  My point is, a job on the Food Network is the equivalent of a license to print money.

The success of the Pittsburgh Pirates has to be the sports "feel good" story of the year.  The Pittsburgh Steelers is the "feel awful" story of the year.  It's just a bad team.  At least, they're off Sunday, so it will be a painless weekend.

The second episode of "The Blacklist" was as good as the first.  Of course, James Spader is a huge part of this, but the show's production values are also outstanding.

The federal government shutdown gets sillier by the moment.

Speaking of silly, The Weather Channel will name winter storms again this year.  Really?

I've been asking more people about smart phones.  I still get a different answer from everyone I speak with.

The interminable NHL season is underway.  The never ending NBA odyssey begins at the end of the month.  Thankfully, baseball can get its playoffs wrapped up in less than one month.

Why is it so easy to get a cold, and so hard to get rid of one?