Friday, November 1, 2013

Gym Rat

It's the first anniversary of my gym membership.  I wouldn't call myself a gym rat, but I faithfully stop by two, three, or even four times a week.  The routine varies little-- a half hour on the bike, a half hour on the treadmill, and a half hour on the elliptical.  I've worked myself up to some decent resistance and incline levels.  I then drag myself to the shower and limp out to the car.


I do feel a little better, and I've made a few new friends.

In the "Does It Really Work" department...  most of my gym wardrobe comes from the big box discount stores, but I did invest in a couple of those high tech shirts-- the ones designed to keep you dry by wicking moisture away from your body.  Yes, they really work, but I don't like them.  I much prefer my cotton tee shirts, in every color of the rainbow.  I enjoy peeling off a sweat soaked tee shirt after a gym session.  It might sound disgusting, but I view a soaked tee shirt with a sense of accomplishment.  It's almost like a report card.