Friday, April 4, 2014

GM

I've had a few General Motors vehicles during my lifetime, although my last GM car was about 20 years ago.  I was happy, and I'm sure there are millions of satisfied GM customers out there today.

Having said that, the congressional hearings into defective GM vehicles is stunning and jaw dropping.  GM has recalled millions, MILLIONS, of vehicles this year.  There's particular focus on a small car with a defective ignition system.  The car would shut off, and disable safety devices, like air bags.

It's apparent the problem was known inside GM for years, and no one said a word.  A new part would have cost less than one dollar.

GM has already hired an attorney to work on settlements with victims' families.

I've seen people go to jail for less.

The new head of the company hasn't said or done much to restore confidence.  People need more than "We're sorry."