Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Scrapple

Craig Ferguson's departure from the CBS Late Late Show in December bothers me a great deal.  He was different, and occasionally outrageously funny.  Lost in all of that is he really knows how to do an interview, and Like Letterman, he's not afraid to go serious.

I have yet to hear anyone say "Gee, I miss Jay Leno."

Summer is here.  I got my first bug bite the other day, and Benadryl has become one of my basic food groups.

We really need to take a look at big time sports in this country.  A guy can lose his NBA team because he said something stupid, and the NFL gets away with quite a bit because it skirts the anti trust laws.

It seems like the problems at General Motors have fallen off the radar.

Next week's NFL draft could be one of the most interesting in a long time.

Sorry to learn of Bob Hoskins' passing.  He co-starred with Roger Rabbit, and he made it work, even though he couldn't see his partner.

Delta brings big jets back to AVP today.  While I have no plans to fly anywhere, I do like to look at them.

I wish MSNBC and FOX News would spend less time sniping at each other, and more time producing interesting programming.