Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday Scrapple

Hurricane Arthur caused plenty of problems last week, but we've seen worse.

Thankfully, the World Cup is nearly over, and we can stop pretending we care about soccer for another four years.

The Major League Baseball All Star Game is set for next week.  I like baseball on TV, but they fact you can see a half dozen games a night, and that's without the super sports cable package, has made the All Star Game less special.

I seemed to notice it a little more this year.  Independence Day has become Independence week.  It continues the trend of milking the last ounce out of every holiday.  You expect it at Christmas.

I know the bridge reconstruction project along Interstate 81 at Dickson City is extensive, but it seems like it's taking forever, and I really dread having to maneuver through that stretch of highway.

It's time for Back to School sales!

I don't care where Melo and LeBron sign.

You really notice the number of pavement cuts when you ride a bike through a small town.

Is there anything better than burgers and dogs on the grill, on a summer afternoon?

Why does anyone care what Joan River has to say?

I think I've been TGIFridays about four times in my life, yet the "endless appetizers" promotion intrigues me.

My latest addiction:  watching network TV 60's and 70's election night coverage on YouTube.