Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Ride

Regular riders know I ride my bike in the early morning hours, the very, very early morning hours.  50 degrees is about my cut off point, and I thought my bike riding was done until the spring.

Fortunately, that one day heat wave that began on Tuesday stretched in to Wednesday morning so it was a rare, unexpected, and exceptionally fun, late October ride.

I checked the radar before heading out.  Rain was approaching, but it wouldn't be here for a few hours.  Clouds were moving in, so it wasn't a moonlight ride.

Curbside fallen leaves rustled as I blew by.  Skunks and a possum were ravaging trash cans, looking for a late night snack.  It was odd to hear the hum of air conditioners at homes I passed, coupled with Halloween decorations in the yard and on the porches.  Summer time comfort mixed with fall decorations-- something you rarely see.

I'm going to hate mothballing the bike for the winter.  Please, Mother Nature, just one more warm spell!

As for the World Series, I was off by one game.  I predicted Giants in 6.  It was Giants in 7.  Kansas City pleasantly surprised me.

Baseball's over.  It's going to be a long winter.