Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Unfinished Tuesday

It looks like Katy Perry has been chosen to perform at half time of the Super Bowl XLIX in February.  I haven't watched a Super Bowl in years, and I can't name one song Katy Perry does.  Still, it seems like a good choice.  People like her.  She behaves, and she seems like an okay person.  Having said all of that, Katy Perry or not, I still expect to be asleep by kick off time, February 1, 2015.

WARM 590 has been off the air for more than month.  Like previous episodes of dead air, I assume it's transmitter problems.  I don't know for sure.  Management isn't very good about communicating with its audience.  No ads.  No news releases.  No social media updates.

Even though a parade of managers and owners has bungled WARM into irrelevance, it was my first commercial radio station.  I will always have a connection with it, even though I walked out the door in 1991.  Plus, I like the oldies.

As I stated here in the past, WARM will never be what it once was.  That doesn't mean it can't be a good radio station, with a clean signal, and an important part of the community.  The neglect makes me sad.

A FOX Sports investigation shows Florida State University hindered the sexual assault investigation into one of its star football players, Jameis Winston.  Once again, the "football first" mentality that snared Penn State rears its ugly head.  If true, FSU deserves a long list of Penn State style sanctions from the NCAA.

Published reports say the Yankees have dropped Butch Wynegar as hitting coach for the SWB RailRiders.  I met him a couple of times and saw him play back in the day-- a nice man.  I hope he finds something better.