Monday, January 19, 2015

From Heaven

I'm not cheap.  If there's something I need and want, I go out and get it.  I know I have too much clothing.  I collect pens and baseball caps.  I can do without most of that stuff.

On the other hand, it's nothing really extravagant.  There are a couple pet charities who always get a check.

The topic of today's blog is the penny.  One cent.

I've been running in to a rash of discarded pennies in mini mart parking lots.  Not just one at a time, but three, or four, or five, or six.

You know what?  I always pick them up.  At this time of year, they're usually encrusted with rock salt and assorted other crud.  It doesn't make a difference.  I still pick them up.

They don't go in a jar.  They do remain in my pocket, allowing me to offer exact change for my morning mini mart soda or occasional newspaper.

I know a penny doesn't go far, but the do add up, and it bothers me to see people throw away money.