Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wednesday Scrapple

When did it become okay to make fun of someone else's religion?

Maybe I'd be more interested in the Academy Awards if I went to a movie once in a while.  I haven't been in a theater in more than two years.  Sorry, I just have no interest in what's coming out of Hollywood these days.

McDonald's is bringing back, for a limited time only, the triple cheeseburger.  Not for me these days.  I did have one many years ago and absolutely loved it.

I miss Craig Ferguson.  Love Letterman.  Hate the rebroadcasts.

I think I've finally gotten the hang of navigating the USA Today web site.

Flu season always frightens me.  This year, more than most.  It's because this year's vaccine is only about 25 per cent effective.  Yes, I got my flu shot back in August.

"Pardon the Interruption" and "Olbermann" are among the best television has to offer.  "The Big Bang Theory" is often more misses than hits these days.

Google has stopped selling Google Glass.  Remember the hype when it came on the market?    Fast fizzle.  I have to admit, I was intrigued.

It's almost a delight gassing up the car these days.  A former Shell executive told USA Today that $5 per gallon gas and fuel shortages are in our future.

I can't believe we've gone this far in to January without a major snow storm.  I'm not complaining.   Sunday's freezing rain storm was absolutely terrifying, and the pictures were amazing.

Can you think of a truly memorable State of the Union address?  Maybe Lyndon Johnson's first.  Maybe FDR's Four Freedoms.  Maybe Bush in 2002.

How many times do the New England Patriots have to be caught cheating before the NFL really drops the hammer?