Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Season Four

I bought a bicycle four years ago, and it's one of the best decisions I ever made.  I really don't do much, just some short rides around town, when the weather gets nice.

Fresh from a tune up at the bicycle shop, I climbed aboard the Sunday morning for the first ride of the season.  I'm an early morning rider.  50 degrees is my cut off point.  I checked the thermometer.  51.  It was "go" time.

Thanks to some gym time, a bike ride wasn't a shock to my system, or my legs.  I completed a couple of loops around my little town, even taking some hills I usually avoid at the beginning of the season.  Riding a stationary bike in a nice warm gym is a lot different than sucking 51 degree air into your lungs.  That part was a tad uncomfortable.

My legs had that jelly like feeling at the end of my ride, but I really didn't mind.  The sense of accomplishment overcame that.

Unfortunately, some very chilly mornings are in the forecast, so I won't be on the bike for a while.