Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thursday Scrapple

Please!  Enough with the "Back to the Future" stuff.  It was a barely entertaining movie, at best.

Having said that, I caught a "Taxi" episode on one of the TV digital sub channels the other night.  Great show!  Several unforgettable characters, especially Christopher Lloyd's Jim Ignatowski.

We got in to a discussion at work the other day.  Is it OK to say "Indian Summer?"  We weren't sure, so the old rule came up.  "When in doubt, don't."

I've been shopping for tablet cases recently.  Good golly!  That's an awful lot of money for a couple pieces of plastic, cardboard, vinyl, and felt.  At best, it's $2 worth of material.

I haven't been watching much of the ALCS and NLCS this year.  A big part of the reason is I usually don't make it a habit of tuning in TBS and FS1.  A Mets/Royals World Series could be very interesting.

New York City had another police officer murdered the other night.  It's not just a gun problem.  It's a "lack of respect for life" problem as well.

I'm still thrilled with my "Blog of the Year" award.

Hillary Clinton's testimony before the Benghazi committee should be interesting.  On the other hand, Clinton supporters will cry "politics" if something goes wrong.  Clinton foes will say "See, I told you so."  Clinton leads her Democratic presidential nomination opponents by a wide margin.  I really wonder if people care about Benghazi and emails.

I saw pumpkin spice gum in a mini mart yesterday morning.  Ugh!

Is it going to take a closed school district to get a state budget passed?