Saturday, January 16, 2016

Andy's Angles: Tail Between My Legs

I will admit when I am wrong.

I never thought I'd see the day people were living in the old North Scranton Junior High School at Green Ridge and Main.

I remember doing the story when the building closed thirty years ago.  I followed all the redevelopment plans over the years that followed.  The project had more false starts and delays than the mall in Downtown Scranton in the 80's and 90's.  The adults in the group remember that maddening odyssey.

Finally, Goodwill pulled it off.  The building houses apartments, plus a community auditorium.

It's a beautiful building and I'm glad it was saved.  Regular blog readers will recall I felt, a few years ago, that it was time to pull the plug, demolish the building, redevelop the site and move on.

I'm glad Goodwill stuck with it.