Thursday, February 4, 2016

About the Cover

My photography queue was running low.  There are a few "go to" areas when that happens:  Lackawanna State Park, the Pittston riverfront, Blakely Park, and of course, Steamtown.

It was a grey morning, and I really had the goal of shooting a colorful train.  The yellow and maroon Lackawanna Railroad engine was on my list, but it was nowhere to be found.

So, I walked over to the Trolley Museum, to get a shot of the red and blue SEPTA trolley.
The trolley has been on the blog before, but never in the prized header area.

According to Frank Dutton's blog, the trolley was built in 1931, and retired in 1995.

Scranton area trolleys were long gone by the time I came around.  They must have been great fun.  I wonder if people will say the same thing about COLTS buses fifty years from now.