Friday, April 8, 2016

About the Cover

I have mixed feelings about the recent changes on the Marywood University campus.  Let's review.

Marywood needed a new library.  I'm not a fan of the design or location.

I really like what they did with the plaza in front of the library, and across the street from the Liberal Arts Building.

Unfortunately, the sculptures detract from the whole thing.  Inappropriate.  They're not all that bad.  They just don't fit on the site.

I'm told the orange one, the one they call "the clothespin" on campus is meant to represent the World Trade Center towers in New York, and the hole is the strike from the jets.

The one chosen for this month's blog header reminds me of a prop from a Nickelodeon kids' show.  It's OK in and of itself.  I just quibble with the placement.