Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Tuesday Scrapple

The Major League Baseball season began last week, and on American soil for a change.  There were none of those silly games in Japan and  Australia.  I hope the new commissioner keeps it up.

I also hope the NFL gives up on games on London, but that's not going to happen any time soon.  Why not do something different.  Have a game in a college town.  Wouldn't it be fun to see the Steelers or Eagles at Beaver Stadium?  Or, the Bengals or Browns at the Horseshoe in Columbus?  There are some enormous venues out there, and I'm sure the NFL can fill them.

My number of Linked In contacts has exploded lately.  I'm still not sold on the usefulness of the site.   Unlike SnapChat and InstaGram, I'll keep this one for a while longer.

A longer blog entry is coming, but watching Sears bungled into irrelevance is simply sad.

One of the newspapers in the area is having serious circulation problems.  It can't get its papers out in a timely manner.  Rule # 1:  Get the product in the readers' hands!

I watched the first part of CNN's series on the 80's.  It was the television episode.  Jeez O'Pete, it was a decade filled with garbage.

I don't care that American Idol's run is over.  Yes, it launched some stars.  But, as I saw it, it was just a vehicle to insult people.

Public service announcements for the ASPCA have to be among the biggest heart tuggers out there.  They're better than the Toys for Tots and Salvation Army spots at Christmas, and those are very good.

The NBA and NHL playoffs take two months to complete.  There's something wrong with that.

The Zika virus is hardly a surprise.  Yet, our government seems to be having problems getting a handle on it.