Sunday, May 1, 2016

Andy's Angles: Trump

One of the reasons I love my job is the constant opportunity to see and do things that are off limits to the general public.

Monday, I was covering the set up of that night's Donald Trump rally at the arena in Wilkes-Barre Township.  I walked out onto the floor of the empty arena.  The podium is in the lower middle, just off to the left.  The media corral is off to the right.  A Trump video was looping on the scoreboard screen above.

I looked up at row after row of empty blue seats.  Remember, Luzerne County is a Democratic strong hold.  The arena was charging $ 10 for parking.  I thought to myself that Trump would never fill this place.  I was very wrong.  he could have filled it-- twice.

TV technicians were dropping cable everywhere.  Speakers and lights were tested.  Political operatives were making sure everything was perfect.  It really was something to see, and I'm thrilled I was there for a look.

This photo is already penciled in as one of this year's Top Ten.